XXVI World Road Congress - Abu Dhabi 2019
The XXVIth World Road Congress will be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, October 6-10, 2019, under the theme "Connecting cultures – Enabling economies”.
This Congress is being organized in close cooperation between the World Road Association (PIARC), responsible for the content and implementation of the programme, and the Ministry of Transport of Abu Dhabi, responsible for the material organization of this Congress on behalf of the United Arab Emirates.
This site presents the pre- proceedings of the Congress.
- the Congress programme, including the technical programme and the accompanying persons' programme,
- the introductory reports to the sessions,
- the national reports produced by PIARC member countries for the strategicdirection sessions,
- individual communications selected by the Technical Committees and Task Forces from among the proposals received following the call for communications,
- the activity report of the World Road Association for each of the years since the last World Road Congress in Seoul in 2015.
In addition, practical information for the preparation of your trip and stay is available on the website proposed by the Abu Dhabi Ministry of Transport: http://www.aipcrabudhabi2019.org/
This will help you develop your own program for the Congress, and will provide you with an overview of the topics that will be presented and discussed during the various sessions.
The final proceedings will be produced after the Congress and will be made available to all registered participants.
I look forward to seeing you soon in Abu Dhabi.
World Road Association (PIARC)
History of the World Road Congresses
1908, Paris - 1910, Brussels - 1913, London - 1923, Seville - 1926, Milan - 1930, Washington - 1934, Munich - 1938, The Hague - 1951, Lisbon - 1955, Istanbul - 1959, Rio de Janeiro - 1964, Rome - 1967, Tokyo - 1971, Prague - 1975, Mexico - 1979, Vienna - 1983, Sydney - 1987, Brussels - 1991, Marrakech - 1995, Montreal - 1999, Kuala Lumpur - 2003, Durban - 2007, Paris - 2011, Mexico - 2015, Seoul