SPECIAL PROJECT SESSION 3. "ELECTRIC ROAD SYSTEMS"
Oct. 8, Tuesday. 14:00-15:30
Conference Room A
Chair: Ms Annelie NYLANDER, Chief Strategist, International affairs, Swedish Transport Administration, PIARC TC B.4 Freight Transport, Sweden
The need to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases remains a dominant issue in the debate on how the transport system is to be developed. There are ever greater demands from various stakeholders to diminish the climate effects of the transport system and to phase out fossil fuels. It is likely to assume that electric vehicles will play a major role in the future transport system. The limitation for now is mainly the battery range. One way to overcome this are electric road systems (ERS) that charge the vehicle while in motion. Many of these technologies are undergoing trials in some form and there has been rapid development the last five years.
Presentation of PIARC Special Project "Electric Road Systems: a solution for the future?"
• Mr. Miguel CASO FLÓREZ, Technical Director, PIARC
National views on ERS
Sweden – A roadmap for ERS implementation in Sweden
• Mr. Jan PETTERSSON, Program Manager, Swedish Transport Administration, Sweden
Expected benefit and investigations of ERS in France
• Mr. Bernard JACOB, Secretary PIARC TC B4 Freight, IFSTTAR, France
Country 3 (TBC)
Questions & Answers / Debate
• Audience and all speakers
Summary & Conclusions of the Session
• Ms. Annelie NYLANDER, Chief Strategist, International affairs, Swedish Transport Administration, PIARC TC B.4 Freight Transport, Sweden