Thursday afternoon, October 10
The closing ceremony will include a summary of the highlights of the Congress and a presentation of the 2020-2023 Strategic Plan that will guide the World Road Association's activities over the next four years.
During the official handover, the host country of the next World Road Congress, the Czech Republic, will invite delegates to come and discover its wonders and innovations.
The closing ceremony will take place as follows:
- Highlights of the Congress, by the Rapporteur General
- Introduction to the World Road Association's Strategic Plan 2020-2023, by Oscar De Buen Richkarday, PIARC Past President,
- Invitation to upcoming PIARC Congresses: the XVI International Winter Road Congress in Calgary (2022), by Robin Sébille, PIARC Deputy Secretary General and a representative of Canada,
- Invitation to upcoming PIARC Congresses: the XXVIIth World Road Congress in Prague (2023), by Patrick Malléjacq, PIARC Secretary General and a representative of the Czech Republic,
- Passing of the baton to the XXVIIth World Road Congress,
- Announcement of other International Congresses,
- Address by Mr Claude Van Rooten, President of the World Road Association,
- Closing by the President of the Organising Committee.